Legal Aid Clinic
The purpose of establishing Legal Aid Clinic is to impart clinical legal education as a part of practical training programme devised by the Bar Council of India and is also linked with State Legal Services Authority to encourage the students to commit to social service to help the weaker sections of the community. The clinic is fully functioning and has four specialized divisions. It is also a Family Counselling and Arbitration Center and serves as:
- Legal services to the poor, advice and Litigative Assistance to individual clients.
- Law Enforcement Assistance Division.
- Legislative Research Support Cell.
- Public Participation and Education Project.
“Jyotirmoy Legal Aid Clinic” is a collaborative collegiate programme of the District Legal Services Authority, South 24 Parganas, WB. It is linked with NALSA Scheme. “Jyotirmoy Legal Aid Clinic” has been privileged to educate the Para-Legal Volunteers who are assigned by the DLSA, South 24 Parganas, WB. It has been contributing towards the cause of the vulnerable and the downtrodden sections of the society. Persons entitled to get free legal aid services are as follows:
- Woman or child;
- Member of Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe;
- An industrial labour;
- Victim of Trafficking in human beings, or, beggar as referred to under Art.23 (1) of the Constitution;
- Mentally challenged person, or, physically disabled person;
- Victim of mass disaster, ethnic violence, caste atrocity, flood, drought, earthquake or industrial disaster;
- A person, who is in custody in a protective home, or, in a juvenile home, or, in a psychiatric hospital, or, psychiatric nursing home;
- A male having annual income of less than Rs. 1Lac, if the case is before any Court other than the Supreme Court, and, having annual income of less than Rs. 1.25Lac, if the case is before the Supreme Court.
“Jyotirmoy legal Aid Clinic” organizes legal awareness programmes bi-annually in the nearby villages. The clinic is expected to contribute significantly to the development of legal education in West Bengal and Kolkata in particular and make the legal education imparted in the school of law more practical, socially useful, professionally relevant and intellectually challenging.
- Graduation Ceremony to be held on 31st May at Jyotirmoy Knowledge Park.
- Online Form Submission : 1/6/2017 to 15/6/2017. Log on to http://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- Application Fees Payment : (Instant through Debit/Credit Card, Through Bank Challan at SBI Branches) 1/6/2017 to 16/6/2017.
- Online Admit card Download : 21/6/2017 to 24/6/2017
- Entrance Test : 25/6/2017 (Sunday)
- Entrance Test overall Merit List & category wise seat capacity : 30/6/2017.
- Online Admission slip Download : Published in due course.
- Moot court Competition : 25th-26th May.
- Mock Parliament : 31st May.
- Formation of New student Council : 5th June.
- Environment day(celebration post) : 6th June.
- Legal awareness Programme on Anti-child labour day : 7th June.
- Intra-college debate competition : 16th June.
- Alumni Meet : 24th June.
- Nimbu-Pani Distribution : 27th June.
- Guest Lecture : 30th June.
- Workshop by red-cross society : 3rd July.
- Intra-college legal extempore : 4th July.
- Intra College Moot court competition : 7th July.
- One day training Programme on soft skills & interview skills : 14th July.
- Independence day celebration : 15th August.
- Guest Lecture : 15th September.
- Publication of Wall magazine : 22nd September.
Legal Aid Events
- LEGAL AWARENESS PROGRAMME
- LEGAL AID CAMP
- POST LAW DAY CELEBRATION
- ANTI-CHILD LABOUR DAY
- PADA YATRA
- CYCLE RALLY
- On 1st June 2015 a Legal Awareness Programme with para legal volunteers was held in village Chandaneshwar, Gram Panchayat II.
- On 26th November, 2015 Sri Arijit Mukhopadhay, Secretary, DLSA, South 24 Parganas was personally present with us to carry the legal awareness programme in vollage Raipur, Gram Panchayat I.
- On 5th May, 2017, a Legal Awareness Programme with para legal volunteers was held in village Natagachi, Gram Panchayat I.
- On 20th December, 2017, a Legal Awareness Programme with para legal volunteers was held in village Chunaripota, Gram Panchayat I.
- On 22nd April, 2016 Sri Arijit Mukhpadhay, Secretary, DLSA, South 24 Parganas was personally present with us to carry the Legal Aid Camp in village Shahebpur under Kalikapur, Gram Panchayat II.
- On 3rd November, 2016 Sri Arijit Mukhpadhay, Secretary, DLSA, South 24 Parganas was personally present with us to carry the Legal Aid Camp in village Beniabou under Kalikapur, Gram Panchayat II.
- On 29th November, 2016 on the occasion of Post Law Day celebration Jyotirmoy School of Law organized a Legal Awareness Camp at Kalikapur Gram Panchayat I.
- On 20th December, 2017 on the occasion of Post Law Day celebration Jyotirmoy School of Law organized a Legal Awareness Camp at Kalikapur Gram Panchayat-1.
- On 7TH June, 2016 a Legal Awareness Camp was organized to celebrate Anti- Child Labour day by Sub-Divisional Legal Services Committee, Baruipur, South 24 Parganas at Jyotirmoy School of Law.
- On 26th June, 2017 a Legal Awareness Camp was organized to celebrate Anti- Child Labour day by Sub-Divisional Legal Services Committee, Baruipur, South 24 Parganas at Jyotirmoy School of Law.
Jyotirmoy School of law conducted a “Padayatra” to create legal awareness amongst the people in the month of January 2014. The yatra commenced from JKP campus and passed through 20 villages covering 50 kilometers. The students participated in the yatra and has spread the message of Environment protection, Right to Education, Dowry prohibition etc.
A group of 50 students on bicycle with posters and a team of faculty member participated in a cycle rally organized by Jyotirmoy School of law on January 8 2014. The rally commenced from JKP campus and passed through 10 villages covering 15 km. the rally was flag off by Smt Vanita Ganguli, COO and head of corporate communications. The rally was organized to educate people about their basic legal rights. Students distributed pamphlets relating to free legal aids.
Jyotirmoy School of law conducted organized legal awareness exhibition on JSL campus on January 09 2014. The exhibition lifted “Universal Education on Legal terms”, focused on different legal issues. The exhibition was unfolded by Smt Vanita Ganguli, COO and head of corporate communications. The students and visitors highly praised and expressed their pleasure to witness the exhibition. The exhibition will be updated time to time based on modern day issues.